Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Greatest Philosophy in Life towards Education

Marlon Castrodes Pagon

I strongly believe that each person is a unique individual who calls for a harmonious atmosphere in which to become mature emotionally, intellectually, physically, and socially. It is my aspiration as educator to lend a hand to the students to meet their potentialities in life, so they are ready to face the harsh realities of life. In the trying times of life, one must be provided with an environment that is safe, supports risk-taking, and invites a sharing of ideas. There are four things that I believe are essential in establishing such a learning environment. These are (1) the teacher as facilitator, (2) letting the students to explore, and (3) promoting respect for all things and all people, and valuing life no matter what gender him or her one has.
I know my role. That role is to guide and provide access to information rather than act as the primary source of information. Besides, I believe that I am the second parent in school, and any problems met by them are also my utmost concern. It is because a teacher does not only teach what grammar is, what mathematics is, or what chemistry is. The students also should be taught to construct knowledge of what life has to offer and of what life becomes the source and foundation of change in itself. In school also, they must be provided with the necessary things in the academic community. So, they must face and be in the operations of hands-on activities and allowing adequate time and space to use materials that reinforce the lesson being studied. I believe also the schools and the motivating factor of the teachers create an opportunity for individual discovery.
To reinforce self discovery and better learning of the students, the schools also should be accredited and in order to meet the standard of the schools and the requirement in it in order to provide quality education. To help the students in one way or another is an achievement one has to accomplish. That is why the teacher finds ways to help the students in their academic endeavor. Helping students to develop a deep love and respect for themselves, others, and their environment occurs through an open sharing of ideas and a cautious approach to discipline. When the voice of each student is heard, and environment evolves where students feel free to express themselves. Class meetings are one way to encourage such dialogue. I believe children have greater respect for their teachers, their peers, and the lessons presented when they feel safe and sure of what is expected of them. In setting fair and consistent rules initially and stating the importance of every activity, students are shown respect for their presence and time. In turn they learn to respect themselves, others, and their environment.
For me, teaching provides an opportunity for continual learning and growth. One of my dreams as an educator is to instill a love of learning in my students, as I share my own enthusiasm for learning and teaching with them. I feel there is a need for sympathetic, tough, and dedicated individuals who are devoted to working with children. In this highly competitive society, it is vital for students to not only receive a concrete education, but to work with someone who is aware of and receptive to their personal needs. I am such a person with human flaws and will always make every effort to be the greatest mentor that I can be.

0 comments: