Thursday, November 19, 2009

Education in Action

Education in Action

For so many lessons in life that I would love to learn, I have wanted to do something special that I could share my personal services to the youngsters at the small learning center in our village. I submitted a proposal to the school principal and teachers to help teachers prepare everything inside the classroom; and they permitted me as their personal assistant. Yet, I learned how to cut-out some papers designed for their visual aids to decorate some teaching materials and to be creative in designing a classroom. I thought it would be the best option of helping I ever did.
As a student, I am not always able to learn some concepts, information, or any tidbits of knowledge from books in our class. It is, maybe, because I can never see it in my reality – as in, it never happens to me, either. I am taught a new lesson one day by my teacher, and the next day I will not be able to remember anything of what the teacher was saying. Many researchers have asserted that many youngsters become knowledgeable about topics when visual materials are supplemented. If this learning concept is true, the possibilities of retaining information in real- life situations are of great importance. And yes! I believe that experience is the best teacher.
On one side, I have learned about what charity is when I started teaching and assisting the students. My learning has told me that charity should begin in us not in them. In fact, I became sociable to the students and appreciative of what they did in the small room. I came to praise and value the strength of education when I faced the toughest league of my combat. More so, I learned about the importance of individual differences that every single person has a unique character pattern, and the role of the teacher should only facilitate the learning activities of the students in varying degrees of competencies. Also, I have learned the fundamental value awareness, something that all people should have that. One of my friends would better say, “It is better off to learn something better than to learn nothing at all.
Finally, I have witnessed the things, which I really liked the most. I have been in love with my teaching profession. The idea why I liked it has been very simple- it is life. I must be honest to tell this because I am into it. I love teaching.

0 comments: